Institutional support for Moldova Press Council
Goal of the project:
Strengthening quality journalism and good journalistic practices in Moldova, by means of ensuring the operation and promotion of the Press Council as self-regulatory mechanism which mediates the conflicts between media institutions and information consumers, in the spirit of dialogue and mutual respect between the media and the readers.
- Ensuring the good operation of the Press Council by means of ensuring institutional support to the Council’s Secretariat and to the activity of examining the citizens’ complaints;
- Promoting good journalistic practices and professional deontology in mass-media sector during a thematic round table for presenting the Press Council’s activity;
- Strengthening the partnership and external communication with similar structures from other countries, by means of assisting the participation of Press Council representatives at the conferences organised by the Alliance of Independent Press Councils of Europe (AIPCE) and sittings of Journalistic Self-regulatory Network from ex-Soviet countries.
- Institutional support for the Press Council Secretariat in the process of receiving complaints and providing consultations to media product consumers;
- Organising and developing current sittings of the Press Council and activities for settling the conflicts between media product consumers and mass-media institutions;
- Organising and conducting a round table with the aim to introduce the activity of the Press Council during 2015 Press Freedom Week;
- Ensuring the participation of Moldova Press Council delegates to the 16th edition of the annual conference organised by Alliance of Independent Press Councils of Europe (AIPCE) and sittings of Journalistic Self-regulatory Network from ex-Soviet countries (Brussels 2014)
- Ensuring the participation of Moldova Press Council delegates to the 17th annual conference of the Alliance of Independent Press Councils of Europe (AIPCE) – 2015.
Web page of the Press Council of the Republic of Moldova
Ensuring the proper functioning of the Press Council in examining citizens' complaints.
Maintain the institutional work of the Press Council Secretariat.
Promote good journalistic practice and the Press Council as a mechanism for journalistic self-regulation.
Organisation and conduct of regular meetings of the Press Council and mediation of disputes between consumers of media products and media institutions;
Organising and conducting five round tables to debate the most pressing issues of professional media ethics and accountability to the public;
organisation and conduct of four meetings with students of journalism faculties in Chisinau and Balti to inform them about the professional ethics of journalists and their responsibility towards the public;
publishing a special edition of the OBIECTIV supplement on the occasion of World Press Freedom Day in which the "Code of Ethics for Journalists in the Republic of Moldova" will be published (new editorial staff);
publishing three specialised guides to good journalistic practice.